Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts

First, let me say, I love Nora Roberts.  Don't care what the scholars think!

Second, let me say, this is an outstanding work of fiction.  Outstanding. 

It's outstanding because I FEEL for the characters, all of them - not just the ones highlighted in this, the third in the series. 

In the first series book, Vision In White, Mac (photographer) and Carter (English Prof) connect.  Mac is friends with three other talented women: Emma, Laurel, and Parker.  All four of them spent their childhood playing "wedding" and loving it.  Each had a role to play in their dramas, and each eventually has a role to play in their business, Vows, a bridal fantasy company.

In the second book, Bed of Roses, Emma (florist) and Jack form their own bond.  And it is SO beautiful.  Honestly, if you love love, you love Nora Roberts.

In this, the THIRD book, Savor the Moment, Laurel (baker of cakes) and Del (Parker's brother, OMG!) find each other after many, many years of unrequited longing on the part of Laurel. 

All I can say is, I want to taste Laurel's cake.  And I don't even like sweets.

This is not great literature.  It's not even something I want on my post-mortem shelf.  But it is fun and moving and genuine.  Read it if you love a good love story.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment